- How do I apply for a Change a Life Foundation scholarship?
- What is the Scholarship Application deadline date?
- What supplemental information is required with the application?
- If I cannot complete the application online, can I have my printed application postmarked by the due date?
- Do I have to meet all of the scholarship criteria?
- Can I use my funds for summer school session?
- Can I use my scholarship funds for study abroad?
- What is considered unmet need?
- What is the Scholarship Contract?
- What is the Scholarship Contract deadline date?
1. How do I apply for a Change a Life Foundation Scholarship?
Potential scholars must meet the Change a Life Scholarship program criteria. If you meet the criteria you must complete a scholarship application online and upload all required supplemental information to the Foundation by the application deadline date.
2. What is the scholarship application deadline date?
3. What supplemental information is required with the application
The following supplemental information must be uploaded with the scholarship application:
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or mentor
- Digital photograph of applicant, preferably a headshot
- Transcript of grades
- Student Aid Report (SAR)
- SAT and/or ACT score verification
4. If I cannot complete the application online, can I have my printed application postmarked by the due date?
5. Do I have to meet all of the scholarship criteria?
6. Can I use my funds for summer school session?
7. Can I use my scholarship funds for study abroad?
Change a Life Foundation scholarship funds may not be used for study abroad. The Board of Directors of Change a Life Foundation considers study abroad to be a special privilege rather than a necessity, therefore study abroad falls outside of the guidelines of funding.
8. What is considered to be ‘unmet need’?
Unmet needs are defined as tuition, housing and meal plan, books and health insurance that are not covered by scholarships, grants or financial aid from the institution (not including loans). Parent and/or student contribution, as determined by FAFSA, are not considered to be unmet needs.
9. What is the Scholarship Contract?
The Foundation uses a scholarship contract to verify financial unmet need. The contract is an agreement between the scholar and Change a Life Foundation.
If a scholar is awarded a scholarship, the Foundation will notify the scholar that they have been selected as a recipient, will request they complete the contract. The following required documents are required and due by Monday, July 24, 2017:
- Copy of financial aid award information from the college or University to be attended
- Cost of attendance provided by the University with expense budget breakout for entire year
- Copy of Health Insurance Fee Verification from University
- Thank you letter addressed to Change a Life Foundation Board of Directors
10. What is the Scholarship Contract deadline date?
Scholarship contracts and materials must be received by Monday, July 24, 2017, in the Foundation office.