About the Change a Life Fund
Change a Life Fund is a donor advised Fund of the Orange County Community Foundation with all dollars raised benefitting the individuals identified through Change a Life Foundation. Change a Life Foundation’s vision is to create a movement online to champion critical life change for individuals in need of public awareness and financial assistance.
Change a Life Fund exists to support pre-selected nonprofit organizations in Orange County, CA, that screen and identify individual grantees who, by no fault of their own, have experienced a catastrophic life event, injury, disability or illness and need financial assistance to remove barriers that prevent self-sufficiency and independence. Each individual who receives a grant experiences real life change as seen in Stories of Life Change.
Be a part of the movement and consider making a gift to impact someone in need in your community. You can make a one-time gift or become a “Life Changer.” Please note, the Change a Life Foundation, is covering all overhead expenses, so your donation to Change a Life Fund will go directly to assisting individuals in your neighborhood!
Support the Change a Life Fund
Support the Change a Life Fund with a monthly membership, or make a one-time gift. By becoming a “Life Changer” at one of four levels, you help champion the less fortunate in your very own neighborhood!
As a Change a Life Fund donor, you may designate your gift go toward:
- Youth at Risk Vocational training & supplies, post-transplant emergency housing, computers for college, tutoring, gang tattoo removal, equine therapy, counseling, specialized therapies, summer camps for the medically fragile.
- Adults and Families Job training, dental work, counseling, post-transplant emergency housing, assistive technology, wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, car repairs, home modifications, specialized therapies, prosthetic limbs, service dogs, COBRA insurance.
- Elderly Independence Hearing aids, wheelchairs, scooters, dentures, lift chairs, vehicle lifts, specialized beds, durable medical equipment, glasses, cataract surgery, home repairs.
- College Scholarships Awarded to high-achieving, low-income, graduating high school seniors, in Orange, Los Angeles, and San Diego counties as well as foster youth throughout California who typically are the first in their families to attend a four-year University. Recipients have an average GPA of 4.08 with an average of 515 hours of community service.
All grantees have been thoroughly screened by Change a Life Foundation’s pre-selected, board-approved, nonprofit partners and meet our seven Grant Criteria:
- Catastrophic life event occurred or is occurring
- No fault of the individual
- Last resort request
- Legal resident
- Grant is for a critical need and will create real life change
- At or below HUD low income guidelines
- Never received a grant from Change a Life Foundation before
Individuals cannot apply directly to Change a Life Fund. All potential grant applications must be submitted by Change a Life Foundation’s pre-selected, board-approved, nonprofit partners. The Change a Life Fund will not accept unsolicited requests from the public or referrals.